Diversion of clean 'runoff' from site (bunds)
Diversion bunds should be formed to help divert clean stormwater (around the works area), to prevent run-off on to open or disturbed ground.
- Diversion bunds can be made from a raised edge of topsoil/turf, 300mm or higher or compost sock of similar size.
- Any diversion channel should be stabilised and have a well pinned geotextile fabric lining or grassed.
- Re-direct clean stormwater run-off from above your site and across more stable areas such as grass into the nearest kerb and channel, or into a roadside swale to avoid extra stormwater running through your site and causing problems.
- If you direct the water into the local stormwater system or straight into surface water, there are limits on how dirty the water is allowed to be.
- Sedimate is an easy to use tool that enables you to stay within the allowed limits and manage your discharge proactively. For more information on Sedimate and the options available visit www.aqualutions.co.nz